Saturday 19 October 2013

Who cares, Hair cares! My current hair care routine.

So the blue moon must be around as I'm blogging again.. Something that happens very rarely!

Today I thought I would take you through my hair care range and the products that I'm currently using. I change my hair colour so often that it is vital that I use good quality products that are going to nourish and repair my hair from any damage that I may have caused from bleaching to everyday hair tools. At the moment I'm transitioning back to blonde, after my 3 month stint being brunette. 

I'll start off with my shampoo and conditioner, currently I use the L'oreal Professional Absolut Repair Celluar shampoo and the Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo. I shampoo my hair twice, first with the L'oreal and then with the Fudge which I leave in for a couple of minutes to work its magic. The Fudge shampoo is totally magic btw and an absolute must have if you have blonde hair and are trying to keep away the brassy tones that so often happen with blondes.



Then I use my treatment - I'm a little naughty at the moment as I'm trying to get my hair in its best possible shape for my next session of foils - L'oreal Absolut Repair Celluar Rinse Out as my conditioner. I vary the time I leave it in my hair sometimes I use it as a treatment, other times I just leave it in for a couple of minutes like a conditioner. Whatever the timeframe I just love the smooth, silky results I get when I use it. This is another Absolute winner!

Oh and just as an FYI I only ever use the tangle teaser to brush my hair, no brushes go near this head otherwise is I'll turn into a frizzy fluff ball... Not cool. Anyway after a shower I use the L'oreal Absolut Repair leave in conditioner, this stuff lasts forever and is such a great product for my hair, I find it helps it detangle and help fight the frizz. It also helps me prevent the dreaded split ends! 



I also use the Kerastase Oleo-Relax serum, for dry and rebellious hair. This stuff is lovely, and a little bit goes a long way! I only use this on my ends and mid lengths as if could make your hair look greasy if it's too close to the roots. I only use this product when I want to wear straighten my hair of let my hair dry natural then straighten.

My most recent purchase for my hair is the Redken Curvaceous full swirl, it's a cream serum for loose waves to spiral curls. So it covers the curl spectrum. The great part about this product is it combines the a cream with a serum, reducing the amount of product you have to put into your hair. Surprisingly it is a lightweight product that doesn't grease up my hair or way it down when I'm wearing my hair curly, my hair is naturally wavy so when I like to enhance the natural look this is my go to product at the moment. Obviously when I use this product I don't use the Kerastase as I feel like it would be serum overload!!!!!

Finally, on the rare occasions that blow dry my hair I use the Cedel Blow Dry Faster Heat protector, as I'm lazy and have no time to spend blow drying my hair. But really who actually enjoys blow drying their hair?? I find it such a mundane task so anything to speed up the process is a winner for me.



Then when I am using heat on my hair or I forget to use the Cedel I use the Davines Mellow Thermal Protecting Shield with Rosemary Extract for long or damaged hair - yup, that's me! But in seriousness this stuff smells AMAZING! It's also natural so it doesn't have any sulfates or parabens. I think it's often good if we chose natural products, as there are a lot of nasties added into products these days. Anyway that's a topic for another day.

I'd love to hear if you use any of these products and what you think of them? Also love to hear your hair care routines.

Til next time
M x
 



No comments:

Post a Comment